Message from our principal
Meet our principal, Dr. Lauren Lampron
I joined the Cougar family in the 2020 - 2021 school year and have been thoroughly enjoying my time in Pinetops! I invite you to spend some time on our website to see all of the meaningful work being done by our students and staff members.
Some things about me...
- Wife to Phillip; mother to Luca (we come as a package of 3, so you'll see my family at many of our school events). When our family made the decision for me to join the family of SWE, it was understood that we were all becoming Cougars. I encourage you to get to know Phillip and Luca as you get to know me. Relationships matter (plus they are pretty cool).
- We live in Tarboro; I moved from PA to teach at CB Martin Middle School in 2010 and I've been here ever since!
- I love all things related to exploring: I enjoy geocaching, escape rooms, trying new restaurants, and meeting new people.
- Attended West Chester University (state school in PA for Psychology), East Carolina University (for teaching license), and NC State (for masters and doctorate).
- Served in ECPS since 2010.
- Taught middle school ELA/SS at CB Martin Middle, 3 years.
- High school principal residency at Tarboro High School, 1 year.
- Middle school administrator at WA Pattillo Middle, 6 years.
- High school administrator at THE SouthWest Edgecombe High School, 1+ year!